Before you start working in Amsterdam
In order to be a sex worker in Amsterdam, you must have the following:
• Registration at the Chamber of Commerce (KvK)
More info link: www.kvk.nl/english/
• Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country in
the European Economic Area (EEA)
• Valid residency status
• A registered address in the Municipal Records Database (Gemeentelijke Basis Administratie, GBA)
More Info Link: www.iamsterdam.com/en/local/official-matters/registration/registration
• A Citizen Service Number (Burgerservicenummer, BSN)
More Info Link: www.iamsterdam.com/en/local/official-matters/registration
• A bank account
In addition, you must:
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Speak Dutch, English, German or Spanish
• Be known to the Tax and Customs Administration (Belastingdienst). This will happen automatically when you register at the Chamber of Commerce.
• Have a Dutch Health Insurance.
• Have a mobile telephonenumber
According to the rules of the City of Amsterdam you first have to do an intake/interview with our office before you can rent a room, this is to determine if you are sufficiently self-reliant and speak and understand one of the permitted languages.
More info link: Letter of the Major of Amsterdam
See website link www.amsterdam.nl/zorg-ondersteuning/prostitutie/prostitution/
Call our office first to make an appointement. Only the person who wants to rent a room for her/his self can call to the office to make the appointement for an interview, third party calls are not accepted.
The Office 52
Oudezijds Achterburgwal 52